- Girl Scout Legislative Day 2013
- When: Tuesday, April 16, 2013
- (We realize this is during school, but we can provide a letter to the school requesting an excused absence for the girls.Excused absences will be granted at the discretion of the school.)
- For the 20 girls selected all fees will be covered.
- You must be a registered Girl Scout to attend and in grades 6-12
Girls will visit the state capital, attend the legislative session, meet and have lunch with legislators,and learn about the legislative process.We will arrive in Baton Rouge at 10 am and depart at 2 pm. Due to travel, times will vary depending on location.Transportation for the girls will be provided.
We need adult volunteers who will be willing to transport the girls. Driving records will be checked and the federal mileage reimbursement for volunteers will be provided.
- Why is it important to understand how politics work?
- Do the laws that are made affect you?
- Is it important to know who your Representative and Senator are?
- If you think so, why?
- Do you think it is important to have women in the legislature? Why?
Deadline to register: Friday, March 22, 2013
Only 1 girl per troop will be selected to participate in most circumstances.
Each girl will be given an assignment to be completed prior to the event. Failure to complete the assignment will forfeit their spot.
For more information, please call Micki Blakeley at 800 960 2093 ext. 407
or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org